I’m constantly being asked for book and product recommendations so I created this list of my favorites that help make life a little easier and help me prioritize my personal development and self-care. These are products I personally use and love.
Disclosure: There are some affiliate links below which means I make a commission at no extra cost to you. I won’t put anything on this page that I don’t highly recommend. By purchasing through these links you are helping me pay for dance classes, adventures, and summer camp for my kids. Thank you for supporting my small business.
Health and Wellness
- Life Well Designed; A Journal to Create Your Best Self – I created this journal to help you set goals and affirmations and track your wellness activities so you can make your self-care priority.
- Life Well Designed Gratitude Journal – This is a simplified version of the original Life Well Designed Journal. It includes 90 daily pages to record your gratitude and thoughts for the day.
- JoyLab Activewear by Target – I love this line of activewear because it’s cute and affordable. And mostly because the pants have a high waist and I’m not constantly pulling them up!
- Graphic Tank – I love these tanks! Everyone should feel fun and fabulous when working out.
- Contigo Vacuum Insulated Stainless Steel Water Bottle – I got this water bottle for Christmas and I love it. It keeps water cold for hours and helps me keep track of my water consumption. I aim to fill it 4 times a day. There are several colors to choose from and the price is very reasonable.
- Grove Collaborative – I’ve been slowly trying to use more all natural and organic products and Grove makes it so easy. They ship all natural home, beauty and personal care items directly to your door. They offer some great freebies too!
- Collagen Peptide Protein Powder – I start every day with a Fab4 smoothie and collagen helps your skin, hair, and nails. I use 1 C almond milk, 1 T chia seeds, 1 T peanut butter, 1/2 banana, frozen spinach and 2 scoops of the powder. This will keep me full for about 5 hours.
- Elderberry Gummies – I started giving these to my kids this winter and I swear it has helped their immunity. We have missed a lot of illness this year!
For the Kids
- Daily Positive Affirmation Cards for Kids – these are an awesome way to start some positive personal development habits with your kids. My daughter loves them!
Organizing Your Life
- Happy Planner – Happy planner is a great affordable option for organizing your day to day. You can customize the planner and purchase separate inserts to make it work for you.
- Bloom Planner – I started using the bloom planner this year and like the monthly and weekly layouts, as well as extra places for passwords, goal setting, notes, and sketching.
Making Life Easier
- Instapot – Have you jumped on the Instapot bandwagon yet? This is an instant and slow cooker in one. This makes dinner so much easier!
- Ninja Blender – There are a lot of fancy blenders out there but this one does the trick for me. I make my Fab4 smoothies in this every day. Breakfast in about 2 minutes!
- Sistema Bento Cube – I spent so much time trying to find the right bento box to fit in my kid’s lunch box. This one is the least expensive and works perfectly. No more plastic baggies and the kids love filling the different compartments with their favorite foods.
Personal Development Books
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod – this book changed my life. If you are looking for help with your morning routine start here!
- The Miracle Equation by Hal Elrod – He does it again! In this book, Elrod shares his simple but effective formula for unlocking your full potential.
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis – I am a huge fan of Rachel Hollis and her inspiring message. This is a motivating, witty, and honest book.
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis – In her second personal development book, Rachel challenges women to stop apologizing and start living their dreams.
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero – I love Sincero’s no-nonsense approach to inspiring you to live your best life.
- You are a Badass at Making Money by Jen Sincero – In this book, Sincero helps you unlock your potential and let go of the guilt of wanting more. I love her message.
- The 5 Second Rule by Mel Robbins – Mel Robbins has an incredible story. Her 5-second rule is simple yet effective and has helped me be more productive and push outside my comfort zone.
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown – I love Brene Brown! In Daring Greatly she shares what it means to be vulnerable and dare greatly.
- Braving the Wilderness by Brene Brown – this book challenges everything we know about cultivating true belonging in our communities and culture.
- The Big Leap by Gay Hendricks – this book helps you push past your limiting beliefs and helps you learn skills and habits to live to your true potential
- Cultivate by Lara Casey – Casey embraces the imperfect, grace-filled journey to grow a life of joy.
- 10% Happier by Dan Harris – this was a really interesting read about meditation and an unlikely journey.
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist – this is a vulnerable collection of essays that focuses on leaving the busyness behind and rediscovering who you were meant to be
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert – Gilbert shares her wisdom and creativity and encourages us to embrace our curiosity.
- The Success Principles by Jack Canfield- This is one of the first personal development books I read and one of the best!
- Becoming by Michelle Obama – No matter what your political party what’s not to love about Michelle Obama!? This is such an inspirational story and an intriguing glimpse behind the White House doors.
- Year of Yes by Shonda Rhimes – I loved reading Shonda Rhimes story and how she transformed from an introvert to someone who can motivate others to say YES and try something new.
Fiction Reading for Pleasure
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah
- Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah
- The Perfect Couple by Elin Hilderbrand
- Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand
- The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
- Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine
- Every Breath by Nicholas Sparks
- The Storyteller’s Secret by Sejai Badani
- Trespassing by Brandi Reeds
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- Small Great Things by Jodi Picoult
- The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
- As You Wish by Jude Deveraux
- When Never Comes by Barbara Davis
- Sea of Memories by Fiona Valpy
- Where the Forest Meets the Stars by Glendy Vanderah
- Me Before You by JoJo Moyes
- A Man Called Ove by Fredrik Backman
- Ask Me to Stay by Terri Osburn
- Party Girl by Rachel Hollis
Money Saving Ideas
I used to spend a lot of time cutting coupons but as a busy mom sometimes the savings aren’t worth the time. These are a few simple money saving tips that don’t take a lot of time.
- Ebates – If you’re not using Ebates you’re losing money! Ebates is by far the easiest way to earn cash back. Simply go to Ebates before shopping at your favorite online stores and earn cash back for your purchase.
- Groupon – I use Groupon to find discounts on local restaurants and things to do in my area. We’ve booked a few trips to Great Wolf Lodge through Groupon and found some good deals on products. It’s a great way to treat yourself to a discounted spa treatment too!
- Fetch Rewards is a great way to earn points on your grocery receipts without having to choose your offers first. Simply take a picture of the receipt and they do the work for you. Use my referral code, V5JQV, and get points just for signing up.
My Favorite Series
I don’t watch a lot of television, but I know we’re all looking for a good series to watch after the kiddos go to bed from time to time. Here are a few of my favorites.
- Tony Robbins; I am Not Your Guru (Netflix) – This is a really inspiring documentary about Tony Robbins seminars.
- Brene Brown; the Call to Courage – Another super inspirational discussion with one of my favorite motivational speakers.
- Made for More Documentary by Rachel Hollis (Amazon Prime) – This is an empowering and motivational movie by Rachel Hollis that shows you that you are Made for More!
- The Secret (Netflix) – This is a documentary based on the popular book which discusses “the secret” that brought success to so many scientists, writers, and philosophers.
- Scandal (Netflix) – How did I miss this when it was on! I’m glad I waited until it was on Netflix because I can watch as many episodes as a want!
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel (Amazon Prime)
- Shameless (Netflix) – The name says it all. This is as raunchy as it gets so do not watch if you’re easily offended.
- This is Us (I don’t have cable so I watch on Hulu)
- Handmaids Tail (Hulu)